Okay… so I am going to try to answer all the MINI questions at once. Hopefully yours is in there!
• We have 4 new minis. This week they were all available as PDF download patterns. Including a great deal on a bundle! Starting on Monday, they will also all be available as printed paper patterns. Including a bundle too :-). The PDF's will only be available from us. The printed patterns will be available from any store who purchases our patterns. As a gal who loves all things paper, the patterns don't really seem real until they come in their shiny little packages. I can't wait fo the paper patterns to get here.
• We will also start shipping to stores on Monday. So if you have contacted us for the patterns, that is when they will start to ship.
• We will most likely offer a fabric kit of some kind on the bundle of patterns [but probably not individually on each one seperate since they are kind of small]. Those are the kinds of things I will figure out as soon as we come back from Market in a couple of weeks.
• The MINIs are all the same price as our FIG TREE THREADS, $6.50 each.
• These are not hard to make. There are no templates or half square triangles or anything else funky in any of them. All straight forward piecing. Blossom is probably the most simple of the 4 and Canned Pears has the most pieces, but they are really all quite simple.
• We do also have other STANDARD PATTERNS coming out and will start showing those tomorrow… so stay tuned!
• Yes, I will be posting ideas for a mini wall and how I plan to hang them [thinking of a ribbon clothesline on my wall at the moment]. But here is some vintage mini wall inspiration that I have been in love with for a while…
• Yes, we will be making more of them for the next release. We are a little bit addicted. If you have any Fig Tree favorites that you would like to see made into minis, please feel free to let me know. I think we are going to start with the Sail Away pattern.
• Btw, thank you for the MINI love. Can't take any credit whatsoever on the idea itself. My friend Camille is the brainchild behind this MINi quilt craze! She is pretty awesome in general too.
As for each pattern, here is the info. Click HERE for more info on each mini.
The original quilt was app. 63" x 75", blocks app. 6" x 11". The MINI is 19 1/2" x 27" and the blocks are app. 3" x 5".
The original quilt came in 2 sizes and 3 colorways in my book With Fabric & Thread from a few years ago. The original quilts were either 66" x 66 or 75" x 75" and were set 3 x 3 blocks.
The original quilt was app. 63" x 80", blocks app. 9". The MINI is 19" x 20"" and the blocks are app. 6".
Don't feel bad if you are confused on this one… there is no standard pattern yet. We are releasing that one this summer. The MINI came first here because we just couldn't resist sharing it once the math was all done and the quilt was finished. I apologize to anyone who spent time looking for the large version of this one!