…. amazing prize for this contest from the lovely folks at MODA for all 6 winners!!
Welcome to April and the Fig Tree contest in the line up of MODA's 12 Designers/12Contests!!
We are so glad to be participating in this year long MODA adventure of creativity and contests [so far we have seen fun contests from French General, Sweetwater and Me & My Sister].For those of you who are new around here, welcome! For those of you who "talk" to me everyday on Instagram or elsewhere, welcome back!
I sure hope that you all join me for this… yes all of you… I want to see a serious amount of blocks my friends!
So here's the scoop, the skinny, the dirt…..
You are creating & sewing a block to be used in one of our Mystery BLOCK OF THE MONTH programs- either one of our current programs Nantucket Seaside, Red & Cream, Vintage Baskets or perhaps a new upcoming one!!
Each year, we run a number of popular Block-of-the-Month programs and are in constant need of fun, traditional feeling blocks that will work in one of those programs.
… photos of a few of the blocks from our Mystery Sampler Quilt from 2015.
…images from the Yuletide Sampler BOM quilt that we ran in both 2015 and 2016.
…photos from last years Mystery Sampler BOM.
CONTEST INFO AND RULES
1. You have to use mostly Fig Tree fabric but you can mix in any Bella Solid or little cream background prints you like. I do that all the time so its only fair that you get to do the same thing LOL! If you don’t have any cream left from any of our latest collections, my "go to" Bella solid is IVORY.
2. Your block has to be either a 6”, 9” or 10” block since those are the sizes that we are in the greatest need of as of right now!
If you want to do a grouping or a smaller one to compliment a larger one…. go for it! YOU CAN MAKE AS MANY BLOCKS AS YOU LIKE…. the more, the better… you have all month to submit them! Who knows, you might end up making your own Fig Tree Sampler in the process!
3. You have to email me a picture [if you’re not on Instagram] and I will post it or post it on IG with the hashtag #12contestsfigtree sometime during the month of April.
4. It can either be an original block that you create or a traditional quilt block that happens to be one of your favorites. Either is great since we use both in our samplers!!
5. As a little bonus, the first 16 entries will receive a mini charm in the mail, as soon as I see the photo! We also have little “contest baggies” available if you need some fun scraps to get you started. Each “contest baggy” has a piece of cream and some MODA scrap goodies.
The contest runs from April 5 through May 1. All winners will be announced on May 5. We will have 6 winners… YES 6 WINNERS… and the winning blocks will be included in one of our Block of the Month programs! You will be given credit for the block in the program, you will receive an awesome prize from the amazing folks at MODA [yes that is the prize in the picture above] and we will be besties for life :-))). Oh yeah… and you will get special “early bird” sign up privileges for any Fig Tree program for next year! That’s worth it just right there I tell ya!
So get your sew on my friends!! And @yardgrl- since we all know you are the most prolific quilter in the world, we expect to see a few blocks from you for sure or a few hundred! Maybe we should have different rules for Susan… a block a day… what do you guys think??
Thanks for playing along this month! Now let's see who has the first 16 entries. Ready, set, go!!
JUST A BIT OF INFO TODAY We have been getting a lot of questions about…March 19, 2019